funny

Is it just me, or is there hilarious shit happening everywhere? The blog used to be about work. Now it's about life.

Sunday 16 December 2012

From Our Home to Yours...Happy Holidays

-->
Here's the latest in a long line of annual Christmas poems...I hope you enjoy Have a fantastic holiday season, and a New Year that is prosperous and filled with only happy surprises...

 
It’s just days before Christmas
Deep in work I’m still mired;
Such a crazy fun time
But I’m so freaking tired.

This year has been nutty
Loads of hard work and great fun;
I thought things would slow down
But I spent the year on the run.

I’ve been to almost each province
In this last twelve month span;
I’ve spent as much time in the air
As a wingless man can.

My frequent flyer balance burgeons
My hotel points, they grow;
I always know where to stay
When it’s away I must go.

I love the folks at the Marriott
And my new friends at the Hyatt;
I’m such a creature of habit,
If it’s new, I won’t try it.

I reached Air Canada’s big milestone,
That I wasn’t sure that I’d meet;
Not sure if it's a good thing or bad
But I’m now a Super Elite.

So I logged on to Aeroplan
To check out my status;
Looking for trips we could take
To go places for gratis.

I learned that free still costs money,
There’s just no free pass;
You get your seat on the plane
But you pay for the gas.

So we’re heading to Cali,
Just Laura, our girls and me;
To check out the sites
And to hang by the sea.

It’s our first time away
From all the Christmastime hustle;
To take some time to connect
To just chill, sans the bustle.

I don’t know what to expect
On a Christmas morning away;
But I do know we’re going
To San Diego’s fine zoo on that day.

But after our big family trip
It’s right back to the grind;
And my big New Years goal
Is for some balance to find.

My lovely bride is a saint
And the kids take it in stride;
But I’m going to try to be better
At managing this wild, crazy ride.

The whole year has flown by
Faster than it usually goes;
Lots of ups and some downs
But what’s next, no one knows.

And now it’s time for the holidays
This the season of cheer,
So take some time to enjoy
With all those you hold dear.

 Best Wishes to you and the people you care about, from me, and the people I care about.

Sean, Laura, Haley, Ainsley & Madeline 




1 comment:

  1. Very nice Sean. Thanks for creating and sharing a work of art!
    All the best to you and yours over the holiday season and into 2013.

    From Vera and mine.

    ReplyDelete